Age Equity Alliance was born from the working group “Old School at Work” brought together in January, 2020 under the umbrella of Old School. Together with the support of volunteers, we focused exclusively on the ways ageism negatively impacted workplaces everywhere and what we could do to create change. By May of the same year, we applied as a nonprofit under our new name and became certified as a 501(c)3 before the end of 2020.
Since that time, we have concentrated our efforts on educating organizations how age bias, stereotypes, assumptions, and discrimination disrupts employee belonging and inclusion and adds to workplace disfunction.
Just this year we have…
- Trained companies big and small, in the U.S. and Europe, primarily in the technology and healthcare industries.
- Contributed to the reshaping of a more age-inclusive culture through our participation and support of global efforts.
- Hosted the Age Equity 2022 Fall Forum, a four-hour virtual event that brought together seven age equity experts and representatives from four benchmark companies: Microsoft, 3M, Moody’s, and BAE Systems. The collaborative sharing made this event a commendable learning experience for all.
We Can’t Stop Now!
The topic of workplace ageism is getting more attention now than ever before. And that gives Age Equity Alliance an excellent opportunity to educate leaders and employees on a bigger scale. For this reason, we continue to push the corporate envelope to make age equity a core value in every workplace.
Here are THREE ways you can support Age Equity Alliance’s vision for ending workplace ageism across the age spectrum:
- Join Age Equity Alliance’s LinkedIn community of almost 1,000 followers to help share our messages. Every week we post vetted articles and research to increase awareness and education about age inequities. When you join our community, we make it easy for you to share credible resources that helps to educate and eradicate ageism.
- Volunteer your passion and expertise. AEA is a volunteer-run 501(c)3. Since January, 2000, volunteers have contributed to AEA becoming a leading educator and trainer for companies big and small. We welcome new volunteers whose interests and skills align with our mission and vision. To learn more, request a chat with AEA executive director Sheila Callaham.
- Support our work with a financial contribution to support business expenses and continued development of age equity programming. No matter how much, we are grateful for your donation!
Looking Ahead at 2023
Your support contributes to exciting opportunities such as:
- On-demand training so companies big and small can offer to their employees at anytime.
- Fellowships to train age-equity champions across all ages to help spread the word on social media, roundtable discussions, and other in-person events.
- Next year’s bigger and better Age Equity 2023 Fall Forum–unlike other non-profit organizations, Age Equity Alliance offers our expert speakers and trainers an honorarium to share their time and talent. In the year to come, we will continue this precedent; plus, we hope to bring everyone together in one place for a truly immersive experience.
Your support also makes YOU part of the collaborative effort to eradicate workplace age bias, assumptions, stereotypes, and discrimination.
Thank you for being a valuable part of the change!
Leave a Reply