What is Age Equity?
Age Equity in the workplace refers to building a base of talent across the age spectrum to maximize cognitive diversity, increase innovation and decision-making, and improve business outcomes. Studies show that, like other forms of diversity, ensuring varying levels of skill and experience strengthens outcomes.
Why Age Matters
Talent management success depends on access to talent. Workers 65+ represent the fastest-growing talent pool. Moreover, studies show the population of younger workers is not growing fast enough to fill future needs. AND, 60 percent of workers 50+ have seen or experienced age discrimination in the workplace.
Mission + Vision
The Age Equity Alliance is a 501(c)(3) committed to helping communities, government organizations, and business leaders ensure Age Equity in the workplace through education, training, and process evaluation.
Our vision establishes Age Equity as a core value for every workplace.
We believe education creates an awareness that leads to action and change. Like any other workplace challenges, Age and Aging are complicated topics. Our expertise in research, analytics, education, diversity, equity, inclusion, change management, executive coaching, and communications make us your trusted partner. It is time to unlock workplace potential!
Your tax-free donation supports our mission to create age equity in the workplace.
Age Equity Alliance
Receive Our Monthly e-News
As a 501(c)(3) AEA relies on the talent of volunteers to further our mission. Not only does your contribution of talent help us, we believe there is a significant Some of these benefits include:
1. Contributing to an important social cause that will enhance the lives of many for generations to come.
2. Applying your skills and abilities to stay on top of your game while looking for paid work. Or just staying active and engaged.
3. Growing your network of professionals.
4. Learning new skills and applications, to include content creation, facilitation, SEO, project management, and technology solutions.
We appreciate your contribution and want to support your volunteer goals, whatever they may be. To that extent, we offer:
1. The Career Networking channel (via Slack) where volunteers help each other in their search for paid work (employment, consulting, gigs, etc.
2. The opportunity to work with incredibly talented team members from whom you can exchange ideas.
3. A letter of reference after completion of at least three months of volunteer service, or completed at least one project. You must be in good standing at the time you leave. This time frame gives us the opportunity to know you and the quality of your work. At a minimum, the reference will include confirmation of your volunteer work and the start and end date of your service.
Have a volunteer idea that can make a difference? Contact us: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Statement
Age Equity Alliance is an equal opportunity organization. This includes age, race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, disability, marital status, genetic predisposition/carrier status, sexual orientation, gender and gender identity, prior record of arrest or conviction, veteran status or any other protected category.