Age Equity Alliance (AEA) is a 501(c)(3) focused on increasing age equity in the workplace through education, and training. Our goal is to debunk age-related myths and stereotypes across the age spectrum, promoting the short- and long-term benefits of multigenerational collaboration.
AEA provides ongoing research, training tools, and outreach activities leveraging credible resources, policies, and practices. Virtual training consists of interactive, 90-minute modules.
“The sessions were a great introduction to the impact of ageism in the workplace. Sheila’s vast knowledge of this topic, along with the examples and stories shared, helped participants understand the value of age-inclusive workplaces and how they might begin to address it. So happy to have an organization that is solely focused on ensuring a workplace’s culture embraces, and is fair to, all ages.”
Managing Director of Embracing Aging
York County Community Foundation
Current offerings include:
- How to Build an Age Inclusive Workplace
- Age Inclusion and the Power of Belonging to Increase Innovation & Productivity
- Social Innovation and Age Equity: Why Business & Society Need Both
- Age Equity in Recruitment, Development, and Retention
- Intersectionality: How to reduce the double and triple threat of bias (gender + sexuality + race + age)
- Steps for Embedding Age Equity in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Strategy
- The Complexity of Age and Aging in the Workplace (Implicit and Unconscious Bias)
EveryGenTM partners Employee Resource Groups (ERG) leaders to create age equity and inclusion in the workplace. Whether helping establish generational ERGs or working with current groups across other dimensions of diversity, our program offers best practices consulting on how best to partner with HR and DEI leaders to achieve goals, curated training, expert speakers, and ongoing coaching and consulting. ERG leaders have day jobs, too and EveryGenTM makes it easier to do both.
Age Equity Evaluation & Consultation
The vision for Age Equity Alliance is to establish Age Equity as a core value for every workplace and a fundamental component of every Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) strategy.
Age Equity Evaluations examine internal and external environments to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to an age-equitable, age-inclusive reputation. Based on the internal data provided, AEA compares age representation data within and across industries and makes recommendations for the best next steps.